The Only Jobsite Radio Designed to Perfectly Compliment Your Power Tools
Today, we are not only spoilt for choices when it comes to Makita’s line of power tools, but buyers are also almost spoilt for choices of jobsite radios, too. As the expertise that goes into this brands’ power tools has developed and enhanced over time, so has the system that comes in the form of a jobsite radio. With MAKITA BMR102 JOBSITE RADIO, digital quality audio from a radio can now be savoured while working.
Whether you want to carry your jobsite radio to your workplace or when you go camping or out in the wilderness, a portable radio is always nice to bring, especially when you are far away from civilisation.
If you are planning to buy a jobsite radio, here’s a guide to help enable you to identify the kind of portable radio that’s perfect for your specific needs.
Type of Radio
When looking for a jobsite radio, it is smart to consider what type of radio would you prefer to carry along with you to your workplace, since each and every product have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Jobsite radios come in a variety of shapes and sizes. What’s advantageous with choosing MAKITA BMR102 is that it is small, lightweight and easily transportable.
What’s the disadvantage? Due to their smaller size, the sound will not be quite as loud in spite of its digital quality audio.
- Power Supply: AC power adaptor
- Power Supply: DC 7.2v-18v battery
- Frequency: FM 87.5-108Mhz
- Frequency: AM 522-1629kHZ
- Speakers: 2 x 76mmØ (8Ω)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 10 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ 12 1/7″Approx Runtime:
- 1.0ah battery 4 hrs
- 1.3ah battery 7 hrs
- 2.0ah battery 11 hrs
- 2.6ah battery 13 hrs
- 3.0ah battery 16 hrsPractical output:
- 7.2v battery 0.5w x 2
- 9.6v battery 1.0w x 2
- 10.8v battery 1.2w x 2
- 12v battery 1.5w x 2
- 14.4v battery 2.2w x 2
- 18v battery 3.5w x 2
- Net Weight: 4.6kg
- Total Shipping Weight: 6kg
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Illuminated Large LCD Display
- Manual/Preset/Scan tuning Rotary tuning and volume control
- Stereo speaker for full sound performance
- AM/FM-stereo PLL Synthesized
- 5 preset stations each Adjustable band sleep (auto shut off) timer
- Time and 2 alarm timers (radio and HWS buzzer) with snooze
- Rugged, light and compact design with protective bumpers and metal pipes to shield against rough handling
- Water and dust-resistant
- Weighs 10.4 lbs with battery
- Powered by both Makita battery pack and supplied power adaptor
- 16-hour run time with 18V LXT battery and 8 hours with 18V compact
- Product Dimension: 11″ L x 11-7/8″ H x 6-3/8″ W
Makita Jobsite Radio has 3 selectable background colours Teal, Black & White colour combination.
I bought this product a couple of months ago as a Christmas present to myself, since I work on a building site. I specifically picked MAKITA BMR102, because of its brilliant sound and reception, but you’ll get that only when you are inside the building. It doesn’t give you that much loudness and clarity when you use the compact radio outdoors. But, I would say that I am very pleased with its performance and yes, well worth my hard-earned money.
Makita BMR102 Jobsite DAB Radio is four times smaller than other plug-and-play types. Given its weight and size, the radio features the built-in fixed antenna, so you can tune into any of the unit’s AM/FM frequencies and enjoy your music, sports news, comedy, children’s, entertainment programming, traffic and weather information without any sound interference.
Apart from facts such as power source, functionality and price, like me, do not forget to take into account some vital factors that may affect your choice of portable jobsite radio, such as:
- Weight – the weight of the radio will be particularly important when considering portable items, as it will affect how long and how far will you be carrying it, especially when working in a remote area. Heavy jobsite radios are not suited for being carried around.
- Convenience – it is also important to know if the power source is easy to charge and how long is the runtime.